Denon AVR-X4700H & Vandersteen 2Ce Signature III.

I am currently running two separate Audio/Video systems.  I have a dedicated music system that is based with an Ayre integrated amplifier to Vandersteen 2Ce Signature III's..  I also have a dedicated home theater system anchored with a Denon AVR X4700H with a variation of Bose speakers.  It sounds just ok and I am always looking to get better sound.  As most audiophiles, I am always wondering what can I improve!  I also wonder if I can eliminate the Ayre Integrated amp and drive the Vandy's with the Denon for Home Theater and stereo music?  My sources for music include an Ayre CD transport, Oppo Blue Ray/SACD player, Sony 4K/SACD player, Pro-Ject Turntable for Vinyl as well as a Fiio Digital Audio Player. Will the Denon drive all of this with satisfactory results for audio and Home Theater?  .   

128x128vcartier77

Showing 1 response by loomisjohnson

i'm not one of those all-avrs-sound-terrible guys, and i've owned or heard various arcam, anthem and denon avrs which have been surprisingly good for music. however, i'd be really surprised if your denon sounded better than your ayre integrated, which has a much robust, less compromised amp section. if for whatever reason you needed to consolidate into one movie/music system, i'd consider  adding an external amp (parasound, ps audio, etc.) to your avr's preouts to power your vandersteens. also, everyone here will recommend that you lose your bose.