DENON 3800 red blinking protect mode

Hi, 

I have faced a production incident where a power surge tripped the entire setup below (power got disconnected, breaker didn't got tripped but the power source suffered an outage for few seconds disrupting the setup below and after that DENON receiver went into the red blinking mode (protect mode) and faced a complete shutdown, I tried doing a complete reset by following denons guideline, that did restored the system but wiped all the existing configuration - upon enabling all the channels and speaker setup to back to its orginal config, DENON again went into protect mode and faced a shutdown. Please advice what you think may be going on. 

The architecture diagram is attached with this email. here is my setup below: 

• Please note I have bought EMOTIVA XPA 3 GEN3 and EMOTIVA BAS X A2 via emotiva, AV Receiver 3800 from DENON, AudioFiles 4 ZONE ALEXA powered speaker selector, DENON 9080 Front/Center Speakers, Harmon Kardon 2 small and SubWoofer

• Please refer to the architecture drawings attached: 

• Emotiva XPA 3 GEN3 are only powering BP 9080 and CS 9080  on Zone1 of DENON 3800 Receiver 

• Emotiva BAS X A2 is powering all zone 2 outdoor speakers Definition Technology DT AW6500 

• Power Source distriubuting the power is from sundovo (power conditioner -> PMX-3300 Power Conditioner/Sequencer (Black Panel Version)

Schematic --->>>>>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZXvdB2b10YG7wVzVwyCcihZgM3OFooGEM_RtFxE5WkQ/edit?usp=sharing

nerdstopcreativelearner

It is very difficult or impossible to troubleshoot this just from a schematic.  One thing is for sure, your power conditioner was not adequate for the surge that came though the line.  When you get this system operational again, I would dump the conditioner and buy one that is far more aggressive in protection. 

Your best bet here is to get the unit to an authorized Denon repair facility and have them fix it. 

Power off the receiver (and everything else) and disconnect EVERYTHING from the receiver, except the power cord. Power it back up with everything disconnected and see if the Protect Mode is cleared. If it goes into protect mode with everything disconnected, you likely have an internal issue with the Denon and you'll need service, or you'll need to replace the receiver.

If the receiver powers-up ok with everything disconnected, start adding things back to the mix to determine what is causing the fault (always power off everything before making connections). Maybe just start with the front L&R speakers, then add center channel and surrounds, etc. Finally, add the power amps you're using for the other zones.

My recommendation is not an absolute troubleshoot process. You can do it however you want. But you first need to start with a "minimum configuration", which would be just the receiver, with nothing else connected, in this example.