Denon 103D w/ Systemdek IIX?Rega RB300?

anyone heard this combination? i'm looking for a rich, warm sound rather than super detailed/analytical. love to hear some opinions on the combination. fyi i have used a BPS in my rig and although decent, it didn't pass the goosebump test.

gregg
glrtrgi

Showing 1 response by steve440

I also own a Linn LP12 and have owned or heard all the above cartridges. I've also owned the Denon DL103S and DL103D. Very good cartridges in their day and reasonable by todays standards too. I've owned MC's, MI's and MM's. I replaced an older MC with the new Clearaudio Aurum Beta S MK II and can't believe how great it sounds. I cannot see spending more unless you go all the way with a top flight analog rig. The midrange is to die for, making MC's sound analytical and forced. There is plenty of deep bass and very smooth detailed highs. Nothing fatiguing about it, very musical in a way that draws you into the music for hours. I like it so much I can't see spending more. They really got it right with this model. An even greater value with a trade in. Buy it and be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!