Dennis Had FIRE 300 B tube SET

Hi- I have Fire Bottle 300B on the way. Any info from an owner of one of these is greatly appreciated, and… has anyone placed a tube preamp ahead of it? I have a Rogue RP-1…

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmoose89

Showing 3 responses by whiteknee

I'm enjoying this thread although getting in a bit late.  I owned a Cary SLA70 Signature for 15 years so also a Dennis Had fan.  I had been following Dennis' sales on eBay 4-5 yrs ago but was never was able to get in touch with him.  I wanted to see if he would ever build 300B mono blocks.  I ended up talking with Billy Wright at Cary and trading the SLA70 for a new CAD-300SEI integrated that I upgraded with WE 300B tubes. Not a mono setup but a beautiful sounding amp that is my primary headphone system.  More recently I purchased the QS Mid Monos so I could do some tube rolling.  I rotate the CAD 300 and Mid Monos along with a Pass XA25 and First Watt SIT3 between 3 systems, one of which runs Klipsch Belle speakers that I purchased new back in 1984.  All sound wonderful with the large horns which are modified with Crites stuff.  I'm currently looking for line stage for the mid monos.