Dennis Had FIRE 300 B tube SET

Hi- I have Fire Bottle 300B on the way. Any info from an owner of one of these is greatly appreciated, and… has anyone placed a tube preamp ahead of it? I have a Rogue RP-1…

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmoose89

Showing 2 responses by buellrider97

FWIT I run a Rogue RP-1 into an older Firebottle SEP feeding Zu Omens. Schiit Yiggy , Thorens TT and MF transport up front. I have about 15 pairs of power tubes and 6-7 rectifier tubes for the Inspire. The Rogue pairs well with the SEP. I have about 10 sets of various NOS 12AU7’s for the Rogue. I prefer Telefunkens as they really help the Rogue open up. I also run an upgraded power cord and isolation footers. The phono section in the Rogue is lacking and the headphone section sucks. I rotate a 50 wpc SS amp when I play vinyl. I have a Grado Prestige cartridge and it’s not a good match with the Rogue. I hope that can lend some insight to your 300b question. I’ve emailed a few times with Dennis and he’s given me solid advice. He’s about musical enjoyment at a modest price. Regards , Mike B.

I know it’s too soon, but I/we would love to hear your initial impressions. Also after further consideration with the RP-1 being Rogues entry level offering, if the Had deserves a better pre? I was looking at Don Sachs website, and it looked like a remote on top of the pre he was offering for sale. Looking forward to your update. But absolutely change out the JJ’s in the Rogue. Cheers , Mike B.