Denafrips Terminator 2 + Hermes DDC vs T+A DAC 200

Hello,

does anyone know how these two combinations in the title compare? 

I heard that the T+A DAC 200 is a bit superior over the Terminator 2, but how does the T2 compare with the Hermes DDC against the T+A?

Is the T+A still in competition?

Further I would like to know if the Hermes DDC makes a huge difference with the I2S option over the USB directly into streamer option.

Right now I can buy the Terminator 2 for 3.500€ and the T+A DAC 200 for 4.000€. What would you suggest to buy? Should I buy the Terminator 2 and wait for a Hermes DDC to appear?

My System is 2x Braun PA4; Braun CC4; Braun M15 and a Rasperry Pi 4 with Volumio integrated Streamer.

Thanks for your help in advance!

braun-hifi

Showing 1 response by mscarp24

I am currently running the Venus II-12th with the Hermes 12th. DDC and I am happy to stay put there after auditioning the Terminator II Plus 12th.  Not enough difference for the cost.  What seems to sound very marginally better depends more on the total system than just a DAC upgrade.  The DDC will help but even more marginally.  I have an Anthem STR preamp with a Peachtree GAN400 power amp and a Hifi Rose RS130 streamer running with the above Denafrips items.  I cannot justify spending more.  My Speakers are Magnepan 2.7i's. My only problem is I do not get enough sleep enjoying the sound.  I would go Venus II and Hermes.