Denafrips FPGA Firmware Update

In case there are any Denafrips DAC owners out there that are not aware of the FPGA Firmware Update, here's the link:

I did the update on my Ares II earlier today and am currently enjoying the results.  It is definitely an improvement without question.

mceljo

Showing 4 responses by dman1974

@mewsickbuff your post is somewhat confusing as you reference warranty. Are you saying Denafrips refused you access to the upgrade of FPGA because you are the 3rd owner? I think that’s what you are saying. Did you directly ask them for FPGA updates? 

@stevebohnii I also have Venus2 but waiting to hear feedback from others. So far I’m on the fence based on other’s feedback. Especially about going back.

Finally had time to update the Venus 2. Have not burned it in so just posting initial impressions. Bigger soundstage as others have reported. More 3 dimensional. Pretty much same as what others have reported from Pontus. Question is do I love it or not? Will need to spend more time with it and not willing to make a call untill I've burned it in a few weeks. Will report back when done. 

@mewsickbuff how is this relevant to FPGA update? Also, it’s actually pretty nice of Denafrips to extend the warranty to second owner. A lot of companies will not extend past original owner. Still not sure why this is on FPGA upgrade.