Denafrips FPGA Firmware Update

In case there are any Denafrips DAC owners out there that are not aware of the FPGA Firmware Update, here's the link:

I did the update on my Ares II earlier today and am currently enjoying the results.  It is definitely an improvement without question.

mceljo

Showing 5 responses by alvin1118

Conjecturing; It just might be all the same files.

I have to stress that the FPGA Firmware Update Tool (FUT) is not the same. Each DAC/FPGA chip model has its own FUT. 

:)

We will be rolling out the FPGA firmware update in stages, starting with the Ares II / Enyo DAC (It's happening now! We received no less than 500 FPGA Firmware Requests so far!).

We plan to roll out the firmware update of the rest of the DACs at a later date, tentatively:
* Pontus II (1st Apr 2023)
* Venus II (15th Apr 2023)
* Terminator (1st May 2023)
* Terminator II / Plus (15th May 2023)

I know it's very exciting that you will be getting a new firmware update for the DAC. I am as excited as you, sir! But please bear with us at the moment. We will come back to you very soon - when the firmware update is available for you!

Thank you for your kind patience and consideration.

Many thanks,

Alvin Chee 

www.vinshineaudio.com 

Greetings!

The mixed feeling/result of the firmware update is not unexpected. 

If you pay attention, you may notice similar comments on other products, softwares, firmwares etc - where some users may prefer the older version, and some prefer the newer version. 

It is not easy to strike a balance to please everyone - but we strive to be one. 

Our goal is to continuously improve the DAC features and performance through the firmware update. Whenever there is a substantial update available for you, we will share it with you at - no fee - free.

We have also make the original firmware available on the FUT download links. You may rollback to the previous version whenever you like. 

What does it mean to you?

The firmware update capability opens an endless possibilities to constantly improve the sound quality, features of the DAC.

Good news? I bet :)

Many thanks,

Alvin Chee

www.vinshineaudio.com

I'm excited to share some user feedback about the latest firmware update. 😃

Review of the new v1.4 firmware for my Pontus II

https://www.denafrips.com/single-post/review-of-the-new-v1-4-firmware-for-my-pontus-ii

Detailed and tone-balanced as I like

https://www.denafrips.com/single-post/pontus-dac-fpga-firmware-v1-4-feedback

Happy listening!

Many thanks.

Alvin Chee

www.vinshineaudio.com

@mewsickbuff, there seems to be a possibility of misunderstanding since our last email exchange in early April.

To ensure clear understanding, we would like to clarify that the FPGA firmware update is provided free of charge for all DENAFRIPS DAC owners.

FAQ: I bought the DAC used and/or from the grey market. Will I be entitled for the Firmware Update?

Ans: We understand some of you may have purchased the DAC used and/or from the grey market (sadly). Vinshine Audio is willing to extend our goodwill support to you. We are good people afterall. Please enter 'Used' or 'Grey' in the Order Number. 

Ref: https://www.vinshineaudio.com/denafrips-fpga-firmware-update

Many thanks.

Alvin Chee @ Vinshine Audio