DENAFRIPS DAC ---- Owner Impressions, Feedback, General Discussion, Questions and more....

Thread for OWNER IMPRESSIONS, FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, ETC. regarding DENAFRIPS DACs.

DENAFRIPS lists the following R2R DACs:

Ares, Pontus, Venus, and Terminator (in increasing price order).

"DENAFRIPS incorporated in year 2012, focus in developing high end audio equipment at a very affordable price. Throughout the years of intense Research & Development, and continuous improvement of the product lines, DENAFRIPS had finally settled with the current product range equipped with R-2R ladder DAC technology. The reason behind this is the designer strongly believe that R-2R DAC is the best way to reproduce music.

The name, DENAFRIPS, stand for:

D-ynamic
E-xquisite
N-atural
A-ttractive
F-idelity
R-efined
I-ntoxicating
P-ure
S-ophisticated

This mean a lot and it is the house-sound of all DENAFRIPS products." [Copied From Denafrips About Us section]
david_ten
@timrvtl
https://shoutout.wix.com/so/80N1aRs7q?cid=9ff80106-f73c-4d75-ab65-de1a11dc213e#/main
Pure adulterated dealer BS. When he was selling it, it was the best DAC under $100,000. Now he isn't selling it & it's a mediocre DAC worth $1,800.
Who would be stupid enough to ever listen to this guys opinions ever again.

@thenewguy007. Yea I hear you...was going to get a ares but never heard back after sending an email...did get the kinki int from him...which I like 
@mac48025  Tom, great hearing the Terminator is working out well for you!  I'm curious and excited to hear the Jays Audio Transport via I2S into the Terminator and hope to have the opportunity to do so in your system.

Looking forward to your ongoing reports.
Just watched the OCD guy video linked by newguy007. What a structureless incoherent ramble it is. Mikey is his own worst enemy. Would YOU buy anything from such a deluded double talker as this wacko? I rather imagine there is a lot of truth to what he says about the conditions in China and I, for one, have never been inclined to buy gear originating in that country but if the point of the video was to CLARIFY why the Denafripps and Jay's Audio should be avoided to due to sonic inferiority then all I can say is he failed miserably. Please, Mikey...make us all a video explaining in those same concise and organised ways why the Rockna should justifiably command triple the Termie price based on its sonics and perceived build quality.