dedicated line - yet another question concerning

i've read a few of the many threads on the subject and most are well over my head. i was hoping to get your ideas on what i should do given my equipment.

i'm running a resolution audio cd player and a linn turntable both w/ external power supplies to an ATC preamp to a pair of ATC active 50 speakers. the six built-in amps on the speakers total to 700 watts. (350 per speaker)

they're currently getting power from a wiremold power strip (as recommended by NAIM audio) plugged in to the stock outlet/line that came with the house. i'd like to keep to running just one line and continuing to use the same power strip, if at all possible.

considering all of this, what should i tell the electrician? thanks!
lazarus28
You need a 20 amp circuit outside of your existing fuse box and unconnected to your existing electrical service with a separate earth ground (rod in the ground). Keep all connected components plugged into this outlet so they all draw from the same circuit. You will get an unbelieveable improvement in sound. Stereophile mag ran a series of articles on this maybe in 2000, 2001. I had this done 1-2 years ago and went WOW. Regards, Mike P.S. you can still use your strip, but I would listen without it to see what happens after the circuit upgrade.
Are you asking about a dedicated line or circuit? If line then do what mkfischer suggests. However, I believe it is a huge over kill for what you are hooking to it. If what you want is a dedicated circuit then go with a 20amp breaker and 10/2 romex and a good hospital grade outlet such as the Hubbel 8300 or PS Audio Power Port.

Chuck
I am not sure what mkfisher is telling you to do. Sounds like what he's telling you,is to install a 20amp circuit outside your electricial service, unconnected? How are you to supply ac to an unconnected circuit? Are you suppose to install a separate service, or hook directly to the power co service drop unmetered? I Don't get it. As per NEC you can have a separate ground rod, but it must be connected to existing building grounds. All yo need is a 20a dedicated circuit with a good quality receptical.