Decca Jubilee / Dynavector XV-1s / ZYX / Allaerts

Hi,

i can find several comparisons between greater ZYX and DYnavector XV-1s, but unfortunatelly no experiences or direct comparisons with Decca Jubilee or Super Gold or with the Allaerts MC1 Mk II or MC2 Finish.
As i am looking for a new cartridge for a Mission Mechanic and DNM/Reson Yota tonearm (maybe another in the future) i would be glad your experiences.
Till now i had got several cartridges like Ortofon Kontrapunkt B and Denon DL 103R in the past, and now the Cartridge Man Music Maker MkIII (very musical, involving, smooth) and the Dynavector XX-2 (dynamic, much colours, details, very good bass).
I would like to get only one, but very good cartridge, and sell all the other ones. Perhaps my music favorits: mostly classical (everything, from chamber to orchestral, barock to modern, choir, opera...) but also rock, hard rock, avantgarde, etc.

Thanks for any comments and help or advise, even when the last decision should take by myself.
Balazs
breezer

Showing 2 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

RaulI asked around,in my local audio group,about the Allaerts.What I got back was that they were a bit over rated!I am very interested in this line,though.Can you compare to my own cartridge?The Transfiguration Temper-V!NOT THE "W"!!

Thanks in advance!
Thomas,thanks for the info.Also,I did not even know that there was a new,top model,Transfiguration.I'm not married to any product line,and would consider almost any alternative,once I feel I've gotten the most out of what I currently own.I don't like to jump at new stuff,just for the sake of newness,though I used to be that way.My own personal satisfaction comes from "staying on top of my current set-up",and updating/modifying any component I use.I like the idea of having a system that more or less is unique,and singular to me.Thanks though,as your insight is always a welcome additive to me.

Raul,calm down.I'm not trying to spread any rumors,or excite you.We are just "rapping the hobby"!As in "talking about what we all like to discuss"!It's basically harmless stuff.
As to my comment,referring to my friend's input about the Allaerts(remember,I am very interested in this line,and they look superb to me.Also,I really don't care about things I'm told,because I only make judgements from firsthand exposure,like the ZYX Univ,that you aren't too nutz about-:)).
I mentioned to a dear friend about my interest in the Allaerts line.He suddenly got a bit animated and stated that as far as he knew,he and his other audio group were familiar with them,but felt they were "overrated"!
Before you get carried away with the "where did they read this",and how "could they draw their conclusions",let me tell you that the people in my friend's other "little audio group",of which I am NOT in their inner circle,only being friendly with a few of them,are VERY SERIOUS DUDES.They are in constant contact with oneanother,and many of them have known eachother for years.They are privy to firsthand knowledge,from relationships with many advanced hobbyists,manufacturers and reviewers,of which some of them are(all of the above).So,basically all I'm saying,is that when my own friend gave me his own input,I don't have to give him "the third degree".This isn't the Davinci Code,and there are no secret agendas,just other well versed hobbyists,knowing ALOT more than a good majority of us.

I assume there are plenty of advanced hobbyists who keep to themselves,and don't post on the internet,though you and I like to!

That being said,I could care less,and you should too,what some other people think about ANY particular product.No matter who they may be.I STILL think the ALLAERTS stuff looks fantastic,just from my own intuitive suspicions,and from what little info I've been able to get.So,even though my friend gave me this input,it means nothing to me.I feel the same way about something like the Shroeder Ref arm.I have never heard it,but have a sneaky suspicion it is wonderful.Do you think I'm going to get excited if my friend tells me it is of no interest to his other group.Maybe if I was insecure about my own way of approaching the hobby,and I'm still a pretty happy guy.

Best!