David Crosby R.I.P.

Dead at 81.

jafant

The news of Crosby's death has prompted me to put my bought-soon-after-it-came-out LP of Mr. Tambourine Man on the turntable. Plastic inner sleeve. Pressing weighs a ton. It's probably the first time I've played it when I've had a high-end system. It's certainly the first time I've put it on the 'table this century.

In any event, son-of-a-gun is that album gorgeous. The guitars jingle-jangle majestically. The vocals angelically ring out. The rhythm section plays with purpose. What can I say? A religious experience.

He was a  part of musical history in an amazing time and at this point trying to quantify his talent is silly...he was good at everything he did, and went at it hard until his end...well done David!

So sad.  R.I.P. brother.  Your music put a smile on many faces.  Thank you for sharing your talents with the world.

Glorious high tenor; in the rock world right up there with Roy Orbison.  Creator of beautiful harmonies for the Byrds and for CSN as well as his own work.  If I Could Only Remember My Name was Crosby's masterpiece and a masterpiece of the era.  He was free to put his hand to the harmonies he heard in his head.  And look at the list of musicians and singers who worked on the album with him.

Very pleased to hear it reported he made it up with Nash before the end.

All in all, Crosby did well to outlive some of his substance abuse competitors by more than 50 years.

Peace David.

About a year ago I discovered his recent albums Croz, Lighthouse, Sky Trails, Here If You Listen, and For Free. They, and his two studio albums with CPR, have been getting heavy play ever since. What a great talent.