Dali Helicon 800 Mk2 are stunning ?

I recently upgraded from Dali Helicon 400 to Helicon 800 Mk2. I went on a year long year long search before I chose the Helicon 400 originally, and the reviewer's were right - they are excellent! I bought the 800 Mk2 based on listening to the original 800, and my trust in the Helicon range, and have found them to be simply stunning in almost every way, fixing and improving on slight imperfections in the 400's
Are there others on this forum who have tried them? What are your thoughts?
mike60

Showing 1 response by matteiser

Im a Dali dealer, and am very familiar with this speaker. The 800MkII has newly re-designed woofers and crossovers making it a much better balanced from top to bottom. Some people used to complain about a tab bit of bloat on the bottom end with the original Helicon line. The combination of these new drivers with reworked motor assemblies and the new crossover creates a much more coherent sound in the new mkII.

Also the lacquer finishing process has been refined to make an even more mirror-like shine. The Dali 800MkII is one of the finest sub $10K speakers currently on the market, and they can be driven with excellent results with tube and solid-state alike. Though IMO a high quality solid-state will control the large woofers better.