DALI Euphonia MS5 in smaller room

does anyone have any good or bad experiences with using these gigantic speakers in a "not-huge" room. it's approx 10X16X9. my currents speakers are linn akurate 242's withtwo 6.5" woofers. i'm looking for more bass. i would think that two 8" would give what i'm looking for. DALi dealers & the company say that the MS4's would be much more appropriate, but I can't see how another speaker with 2 6.5's would give more bass.

i've had very knowledgeable people tell me that they are WAAAY too big for my room. Others with DALI experience say it can work since it is a dedicated room & i can place them away from the rear wall. They would have to be around a foot & half from sidewalls & approx 6-7' apart (tweet to tweet). i have successfully used big speakers with 2 8's in a similar volume room in the past, but i'm afraid of spending the money & ending up with a bass problem. i do have lots of auralex foam & could add their traps for a relatively nominal amount. finally, are the MS5's & 4's really identical in sound except in warehouse sized rooms? i appreciate anyone's feedback or opinion! thanks...
tim1
Guys, if a speaker is positioned properly (this can take hours of trial and error...sometimes down to 1/2") just about an speaker regardless of size should work in any room. Yes, bass heavy speakers require more "tuning" but doesn't mean they won't work in a small room.
OK, Let's see you put some Duntech Sovereigns in a 11X13 room and make them sound right!
Phile, my comment was "just about any speaker". There will always be exceptions to every rule, which I'm sure you already know ;)
Tim, I see you are selling the 242's. Did you try them active or with a sub? What is their replacement?
Good thread!

I am planning on putting a pair of MS5s in a 17.6' wide by 14' deep loft with 10' ceilings. The speakers will go on the long wall so they won't be in corners but I will have to sit between 8 and 10 feet away. The loft is open behind the sitting area so there is no reflection from the back wall. I have had Helicon 400s and 800s without any issues. Am I going to big?

Thoughts?