DAC Under $3000

I am considering the purchase of a new DAC. Budget is no more than $3000. I lean towards clear, detailed sound with good separation. In the past I have had PS Audio Stellar, Benchmark, and Merason Frerot. I thought all were good, but not necessarily "special". Suggestions please. Thanks!

gnoworyta

Showing 2 responses by facten

@gnoworyta "In the past I have had PS Audio Stellar, Benchmark, and Merason Frerot. I thought all were good, but not necessarily "special"

You might get more helpful responses if you provide context around what you feel was missing from the presentations of the 3 DACs you’ve had; "not necessarily special" can be widely interpreted to mean anything but maybe what you are after sound wise/emotionally engaging

@gnoworyta I’ve linked below a thread over on WhatBestForum relative to AbbasAudio DACs that may be in your price range and have the sonic quality you are seeking. I haven’t listened to one, but Audiogon & WBF member Charles1dad has one and you can consider reaching out directly to him via Audiogon pm. I find Charles pretty knowledgeable and measured in his assessments.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/abbas-dac-2-1-se.31754/page-43#post-892277