*DAC

I am down to the last piece of the puzzle. I am very happy with the sound of my system at this point, so I’m not sure if the DAC needs to be improved on. What I am looking for is to hear those background subtleties in the music a little more pronounced. The strum of a guitar, the stroke of the piano keys, the clicks, ticks & tingles that accompany the music. I do here that now, I just wondered if there is a way to elaborate on those background sounds (details) a bit more.

Is it the DAC that will make this happen? If it is, they say my Gustard R26 is as good as a $5K DAC, how far over that $5K do you think I have to go?

Thank you for your help and suggestions and the best to you all over the holiday season and beyond!

PS: I listen mostly to Jazz

128x128navyachts

Just try it without the fiber converters first before you do any upgrades. I’m curious what it’ll do in your system. Whenever you have time. 

I want to say that my experience with Bel Canto has been a joke as far as customer service goes No phone calls excepted email only  My dac bel canto 3.7 with not work with a direct c to USB cable into Mac Book  they offer no advise at all  They could have said to try a STREAMER Bingo I am selling my B. C dac ASAP

I'm in a similar place as you.. very much liking the sound of my system but still considering moves to make for hearing more into the music. I just ordered one of Benjamin's new Mojo Audio dacs after being very impressed with his power cables and interconnects. My Yamamoto amp is a keeper. My Sonist Concerto 3 loudspeakers continue to readily reveal component and cable changes. No complaints with an ANK 4.1x dac, however, the things I've read about the Mojo dacs have peaked my curiosity. I listen mostly to jazz.