Customs delay from China. How long should I reasonably wait?

At this point I’m not going name any names but I have been waiting for a shipment from China that has been held by US Customs for eleven days now. The distributor has been very responsive to my concerns and has tried to obtain information from FedEx and customs broker without much luck. He’s telling me the package was picked randomly by customs for inspection but to have it held for eleven days seems a long time for just an inspection. Something tells me there’s more to this than just an inspection that’s holding it up. 
When I purchased this unit I was assured it would be shipped promptly and wasn’t expecting to have to deal with the uncertainty and BS I’m experiencing now. Just wondering how long of a wait is reasonable before I throw the towel in and demand my money back?

hiendmmoe

What do you think is going to happen? Seller can’t get it sent back. It’s out of their hands and yours. Maybe take it like a champ and understand the situation at hand. I’ve had to wait two months for a package coming from fedex and it was at a hub a couple miles away just sitting in a container when the place was backed up. Your situation is no one’s fault and happens to the best (and the worst.) of us. Customs gives absolutely no care in the world about any of us. Yea, it sucks but oh well. Be happy sooner or later you will get something really cool in the mail and the extra wait will only add excitement to the purchase and delivery. I hope you don’t give the seller grief and demand anything. That would be messed up and uncalled for. Anyone saying they would demand a refund and buy else where need not to veer far away from their local Amazon prime sensibilities. 

The level of vibrant speculation from some folks about this is somethin else. Express shippers like FedEx can receive and forward inspection notices because of the backlogs they generally cause. It doesn’t seem suspect in and of itself.

As some mentioned, can take many more days or weeks (or in less common circumstances, much longer still). Lucky when it’s audio toys and not perishables. Good down time to reflect on being lucky enough to have time and option to type the discrepancy online, hey? 😉

Hope it’s a good piece of kit when ya finally get it!

I ordered glue to refoam a pair of old speakers through Amazon. It took six weeks to arrive from China, five of which were in Canadian customs. Someone there must have been sniffing it.