Customs delay from China. How long should I reasonably wait?

At this point I’m not going name any names but I have been waiting for a shipment from China that has been held by US Customs for eleven days now. The distributor has been very responsive to my concerns and has tried to obtain information from FedEx and customs broker without much luck. He’s telling me the package was picked randomly by customs for inspection but to have it held for eleven days seems a long time for just an inspection. Something tells me there’s more to this than just an inspection that’s holding it up. 
When I purchased this unit I was assured it would be shipped promptly and wasn’t expecting to have to deal with the uncertainty and BS I’m experiencing now. Just wondering how long of a wait is reasonable before I throw the towel in and demand my money back?

hiendmmoe

I have only purchased one audio component from China, and it took around 15 days to arrive at my door. As far as your item being chosen randomly for inspection by customs, that only takes minutes to open and tape back. I know this firsthand. We are not talking about a live animal that needs to be quarantined here!

A BIG CLUE is that the seller would not know that the item was randomly picked for inspection, unless he was watching via a remote camera in China!  A customs agent would not even give a random caller the time of day, and that's if the caller knew the number to call, as well as the agent involved!

You have good reason to be skeptical.

If you are indeed getting scammed, you will never get your $ back from the seller. Your best course of action would be to have your credit card company reverse the charge. I hope you didn’t pay via another method. Best of luck!

Post removed 

If customs randomly chooses your package for inspection, it'll take awhile. It's not the fault of the sender. I had a package from England (a pocket knife) that sat forever in customs until they felt good and ready to inspect it and send it on its way.  All in all in took about three weeks to get it. Another one from the same manufacturer only took a week. 

The sender and I had the info that it was stuck in customs, allowing me to contact them but it didn't make anything go any faster. I hope this works out for you.

All the best,
Nonoise

Not China but a package from New Zealand got hung up in customs for two months. It's nerve wracking.