Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

Showing 4 responses by gavin1977

@toetapaudio are you UK based and running the 23R?  Please drop me a PM if you are.

@realworldaudio - great videos, I came across your channel a while back and have learnt a lot - so thanks!  Have you ever heard the Cube in TQWT or MLTL vs your Voigt pipe?  Difficult to know which enclosure best suits the Cube drivers...

Why F8 Magnus over F10 select?  Seems as though the F8 Magnus has somewhat smoother frequency response...

Just had a demo of a pair of Cube Audio Jazzon and Nenuphar - pretty similar level of performance to be honest, with the Nenuphar having an smidge more polish, detail and soundstage - but I would happily go for the F10 select given the cost/benefit ratio.

The F10 Select driver holds a lot of promise, detailed, dynamic, it does bass and has great width/height to the soundstage. But it was (for me) shouty and lacked soundstage depth because it was so forward in the vocal region. This was the same with two different amplifiers a 300b and an Enleum/Bakoon.

If the FR was equalised, and the presence region pushed back into the mix, then would this add depth to the soundstage as well as taming it shouty nature?

It’s a very tempting solution, but I still wonder if EQ is enough to ‘do the trick’ of righting the wrongs of a full range driver or if I should just stick with point source, but using multiple drivers…

…Or perhaps I should have listened to the F8 Magnus - smoother and more consistent frequency response by the looks of it?

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Fully agree with the feedback regarding optimised chain of electronics - something I have experience with. The amplifiers being used here are the ones with a proven synergy.

Jazzon:

What I’m hearing is the above frequency response. Dip in lower mid-bass, then a rising frequency response - this tilted up frequency response means I end up trying to compensate with the volume control for the lack of mid-bass, which just makes vocals even more shouty.

Perhaps the Nenuphars don’t have this issue as much:

But I can’t say that I heard them as sounding completely flat either.

I wonder if I should have taken the time to hear the F8, which is a very flat frequency response.

Just trying to troubleshoot, as there’s real promise here and so don’t want to admit defeat just for the sake of a lack of optimisation.

I just checked - it was the v2 that was demoed to me.  I think what I need to do is get it in my room and work with it.  A bit of a risk, but I feel as though I can get it to the point that I’m happy with the frequency response.