Crossover-less Speakers

I'd like to hear from those of you who transitioned to crossover-less speakers. I have a pair of Thiel CS 2 2s. I like 'em but I'm curious about the full-range crossover-less speaker types. I'd like to know what speaker you have and what speaker you traded up from. Are you getting the full range from your spkrs? Are you experiencing any peaks and valleys in the frequency response? Are you happy with the lows or are you augmenting with a powered sub? Thanks.
128x128mdeblanc
Undertow,

On another site Macrojack's every post was accompanied by the tagline "I am a dealer for Grado and Zu". As far as I knew, he really was an active dealer for Grado and Zu, so it didn't start out looking like a molehill to me. And far as I know he still might well be an active dealer for Grado - that would make him a "dealer", wouldn't it? Dealers are supposed to follow the etiquette.

Now that we know he hasn't really done any business as "a dealer for Zu" , it looks more like a molehill - but it's still not the same as you inviting me over to see your new Sony widescreen. Macrojack has an affiliation by mutual agreement with Zu that involves the prospect of compensation, and you have none such with Sony or Best Buy. You can change allegiance without dissolving a relationship and backing out of an agreement.

Duke
hi macrojack:

the quad esl stomps on the zu speakers. no cone design ever has or ever will be timbrally less inaccurate.

if you want to attain a very realistic presentation of an instrument, there is no better way than the original quads, especially 4 of them.
You can go to Ohm Acoustics site and check out the Walsh Driver technology. The Walsh driver produces all frequecies up to 10K or 14k then it is switched over to a 3/4" super tweeter. This high crossover frequecy keeps any switching in the harmonic frequencies. The Walsh Driver is a fully coherent line source driver. I own them and they are astounding. Their mids are like electrostats.
Makes me wonder how many of the home demo guys go on forums schilling ZU product acting as just home users this is the problem I have with all this.If you purchased ZU love them are not afiliated with ZU then say what you will. But if I gave acomidation pricing to a few select folks so they will do demos and get online and promote my products this doesnt give folks a honest chance for the folks promoting my kit would have a bias and the chance at some reward isnt this what ZU is doing? Maybe ZU doesnt want folks posing as users when they are involved with distributing and demo sales etc.
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but even "single driver" speakers have crossovers. Different parts of the cone respond at different frequency, so there is a mechanical, rather than electronic, crossover. "Whizzer" cones, found on some well known "full range" drivers are an extreme example. Only a headset driver is small enough to cover the entire spectrum without breakup.