Creek 5350SE vs Rega Mira 3

I know this is all subjective, but. I'm looking to replace the system I just left my ex. I'm looking at somthing like the Rega Mira 3, either the Saturn or Apollo, a TT, and maybe some ProAc stand monitors. I like the idea the Rega has a phono input in it already. How does the Creek compare?

Maybe it would be easier to ask what can I get for under 9K? I say 9K because if I say 10K, it will be 9.9K... Smallish room, looking for CDP, TT, maybe a tuner, and 2 smallish but good speakers.
128x12804rdking

Showing 1 response by markphd

I can't comment on the Rega; however, I've always considered Creek to be an outstanding brand for a budget conscious audiophile. I had a 5000 series Creek at one time so I'm probably biased. However, in my opinion, it's a step above the NADs and Rotels, etc., and it is reasonably priced. You can build a very satisfying musical system for a small room with a used Creek in the $400-$800 range. You have quite a substantial budget. I would say you could build a very good system for only half of what you're considering to spend, unless of course you want to spend 9K.