Counterpoint - Alta Vista - Mike Elliott

I was just informed that Mike has stopped all business because of health reasons. The Alta Vista Website confirms this. I know some of you may have had some issues dealing with Mike in the past but Mike was always a professional to me and accommodating to all of my dumb questions. I learned so much from his designs and I know that they were way ahead of their time. I just finished modifying an SA-5000 for a few audiophiles based on the information provided on the Alta Vista Audio website and they sound excellent. I still own the current version of the NP-220 power amp.

Well my thoughts and prayers go out to Mike and his family.

Thanks Mike for everything.
bigkidz
Hmm it is gone. I guess Mike finally closed it down. Send me a message directly with your email.
FYI - I can fix, rebuild, modify any component or build something to your liking. If you want to ship something overseas, I can do that for you also. For most of the SA-20 / SA-220 amps, the mosfets burn out and I typically install bipolar transistors. I think they sound better than the mosfets and I think the amps sound better than the original NP amps that Mike designed. I have compared them directly now that I get them into repair. I also add a few additional modifications that I use in my own designs. My prices are about half of what Alta Vista charged.

Send me a message though Agon if you need to contact me. The Alta Vista website seems to be gone.
There are a few people doing repairs and modifications. I am in New Jersey so if that is convenient for you let me know, if not let me know. Don't post here, send me a message through Audiogon messaging.
Dear friends, I have a pre-amplifier Counterpoint SA-5000, I got it in 1993 and it has been damaged once, it repaired in a technical workshop but they took 3 valves and put new circuits. After the repair the sound of the preamplifier is no longer the same. I know a Audio technical service that would rebuild it, but I can not find the electronic schematics. You know where I could find them?