Counterpoint - Alta Vista - Mike Elliott

I was just informed that Mike has stopped all business because of health reasons. The Alta Vista Website confirms this. I know some of you may have had some issues dealing with Mike in the past but Mike was always a professional to me and accommodating to all of my dumb questions. I learned so much from his designs and I know that they were way ahead of their time. I just finished modifying an SA-5000 for a few audiophiles based on the information provided on the Alta Vista Audio website and they sound excellent. I still own the current version of the NP-220 power amp.

Well my thoughts and prayers go out to Mike and his family.

Thanks Mike for everything.
bigkidz

Showing 2 responses by ag2013

Hello Bigkidz.
I've a SA-5000 for several years. I recently opened the case to clean for dust, with a brush and by blowing air. I've also cleaned the pins of tubes and sockets with an electronic contact spray cleaner. Now i hear a loud whiff or blow on both the channels using phono input (MM). I exchanged the tubes but it doesn't go away. I suspect that it is a problem from power supply, where is the only tube I didn't change. I was attracted from some kind of upgrade, but now i have to repair it, before. Do you have the service manual of the SA-5000? Or can you help me to find it or with any other suggestion? Thanks in advance, Luca