Correct turn on, turn off sequence????

O.K. I have been into audio for about 10 years now and still don't have a definitive answer to this question. In what order should I power up/down. I always get a pop in my speaker when I turn off my amps. I have adcom 565 monos, 565 pre, rega cdp, all plugged into a power conditioner... If any of that matters. Thanks in advance for your help.
jedisqueezer
Paraphrased from page 3-4 of the Audio Alchemy Digital Line Controller (DLC) Preamplifier manual.

(paraphrased)

1. Do no plug the preamp PSU into AC mains, yet. Powered OFF.

2. Connect DC input from preamp to PSU. This grounds the preamp and you may see a small spark, which is normal.

2a. (I'm adding this) I usually connect the speakers to the power amp at this point., and if the preamp has a manual volume attenuator I crank it to the lowest setting and mute it. (I learned the hard way, once!). I also plug my power line conditioner into AC mains at this point and turn it ON)

3. With Preamp and power amp powered OFF and NOT connected to AC mains, connect interconnects from amp to preamp. (grounds the connection between the two?)

4. With source components powered OFF and unplugged from AC mains, connect interconnects from source(s) to preamp. (grounds the connection between source(s) and preamp?) (note: manual does not say what to do with turntable ground at this point. and not having a TT, myself, I do not know either!)

5. At this point I connect the preamp's power supply (PSU) to AC mains.

6. At this point I connect the source(s) to AC mains.

7. Finally, I connect the power amp to AC mains.
=======
Power down is the reverse of power-up for me. Also, any time I switch interconnects between ANYTHING, I perform a full power-down sequence, disconnect AC mains, and ground all interconnects to the preamp in sequence.

I had an audiophile friend over last month, and he watched me power the system down like this just to swap an interconnect. He was actually quite impressed that there was a "sequence" for doing this. It's quite easy to perform by rote memory.

Basically.

1. Ground preamp to its PSU
2. Ground all interconnects to preamp.
3. Ground to AC mains (pre, source, amp)
Hi, Jedi. I suspect that you are going to get a turn-on / turn-off thump (or pop) with the Adcoms even if you use the correct sequence. I owned the same Adcom preamp and amp you have, and also sold Adcom equipment during the early 1990's, and I always found the Adcoms have a momentary discharge. I am not a "circuit design geek", but I believe the Adcom amps experience the "thump" because they are direct coupled and have no capacitor at the output stage to absorb power transients when the amp is switched on/off. Aside from being annoying, the "thump" is really not harmful -- just be sure to have the volume turned all the way down when you start up or shut down.
I usually start with a light dinner, a bottle of good wine and witty conversation for the turn on part. As for turn off, this is a bit more unpredictable, but mentioning your old girlfriend's name at the wrong moment will more often than not do the trick :-)