Considering the New Tekton Design Encores? AND Owners Group - Experiences/Questions

I am the very happy owner of the first pair of New Tekton Design Encores and I thought I would create this thread to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the Encore speakers, room considerations, and associated equipment. If you’ve order your pair already, please chime in. I really want to hear what other people’s experience are with these unbelievable speakers.

I drive my Encores with both an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier with 8wpc and I switch in my 700w Nord One-Up SE Monoblocks for non-critical listening and some big pieces of music that benefit from the extra power.

• Made under U.S. Patent 9247339 with multiple new patents pending
  • Proprietary loudspeaker design
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±.5dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path
  • Ultra-linear, entirely time-invariant minimum-phase mid-range section
  • Proprietary patent pending 15 dome radiating hybrid MTM high frequency array
  • Two 6.5" mid-bass patented ’overtone & harmonic’ transducers
  • Dual 11" low-frequency transducers
  • ​96dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity
  • 4 Ohm design for optimum performance
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response​
  • Dimensions Width 13.25" x Depth 15.25" x Height 62"
  • 800 Watt power handling
  • Weight 175 lbs​
128x128jcarcopo

Showing 1 response by skatole1967

jcarcopo, thanks for starting this thread.   It is largely because of this thread and hearing the Moabs at the RMAF 2019 that I decided to buy the Encores with the Be tweeter upgrade.  I have been burning them in with pink noise for about 200 hours so far and what I am hearing has made me a VERY happy customer.  I have the Encores hooked up to a Luxman 590 AXII Integrated and I couldn't be more pleased with this combination.  It runs in Class A up to about 60 watts in 4 ohms so the high sensitivity of the speakers makes rocking out in my 14' x 20' no problem whatsoever. I previously had Martin Logan Montis Electrostats in my system and I wanted more dynamics.  I was worried I might have to sacrifice a little speed and resolution but I now realize that was completely unfounded.  I feel the Encores are just as fast and even more resolving, particularly in the midrange and treble.  They throw a wider and significantly deeper soundstage in my room.   I'm glad I opted for the Be tweeter as my system was on the warmish side with the Montis.  I previously used 2 subs with the Montis but now they are not needed.  I saw that an Encore owner put some felt around the tweeters and the array drivers and I opted to do the same.  I think it improved the instrument separation and is a nice little tweek.  I think the very high resolution of these speakers exposes the upstream components and recording quality of the music being played to a great extent.  I feel in the midrange and treble region, they can play with the uber speakers.  Bass response is good but not spectacular yet.  Perhaps plugging the ports may help.