Considering the New Tekton Design Encores? AND Owners Group - Experiences/Questions

I am the very happy owner of the first pair of New Tekton Design Encores and I thought I would create this thread to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the Encore speakers, room considerations, and associated equipment. If you’ve order your pair already, please chime in. I really want to hear what other people’s experience are with these unbelievable speakers.

I drive my Encores with both an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier with 8wpc and I switch in my 700w Nord One-Up SE Monoblocks for non-critical listening and some big pieces of music that benefit from the extra power.

• Made under U.S. Patent 9247339 with multiple new patents pending
  • Proprietary loudspeaker design
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±.5dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • One single crossover element placed within the tweeter path
  • Ultra-linear, entirely time-invariant minimum-phase mid-range section
  • Proprietary patent pending 15 dome radiating hybrid MTM high frequency array
  • Two 6.5" mid-bass patented ’overtone & harmonic’ transducers
  • Dual 11" low-frequency transducers
  • ​96dB 2.83V@1m sensitivity
  • 4 Ohm design for optimum performance
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response​
  • Dimensions Width 13.25" x Depth 15.25" x Height 62"
  • 800 Watt power handling
  • Weight 175 lbs​
128x128jcarcopo

Showing 5 responses by klh007

chenzobat, Straight from Eric the Encores weigh 145 lbs. Perhaps the 175 figure is with packing or an error.
chenzobat, I lived with Moabs for 8 months, loved them! Eric told me the Encores are a little more polished, maybe checking a few more audiophile boxes. Above 300 Hz they should be very similar, adding those 7" mid-bass couplers and the 11" woofers will make the Encores quicker and more able to differentiate bass lines while still having enough weight, impact, and low bass extension. The Moab's slight weakness was their definition in the bass, not as quick as Double Impacts or DI SEs, although much lower extension and power. The woofers in the Encore have a different surround and look very different from the custom Eminence units in the Moabs? I'm led to believe the Encores are the sweet spot in Eric's lineup, the Moabs being the very best value in speakerland!
There are Tektons in 3 rooms at RMAF, david's friend has a picture of Encores driven by Thrax gear at the link above, the Electron SEs and another pair of Encores were using Parasound gear. All three rooms were sounding way above their price points and Eric's room with a JC5 and OPPO player was top shelf. I'm bringing a friend Saturday primarily to hear the Encores.

@iwasgointo, I owned Legacy Focus 20/20s for a while, very good speaker. I'm not sure the Encore can give you more bass impact but they might go lower? With 14 tweeters crossing over at 300Hz I think you'll get more midrange and vocal detail and transparency vs the Focus. They both play loud w/o strain, but the Encores might be even more dynamically alive than the Focus. The Encores are more efficient allowing for more choices in low powered tube or SS amps. Why not call Eric and see if he has experience with Focus speakers, he could give you some valuable insight?