Considering a change. Avantgarde for Wilson.

Have owned Avantgarde Duos for two years. Bass to die for.
Bright up top. Maybe just a bit glarry. Been reading and
wondering if a change to Wilson Puppy's would be good.
Am I "BMW" owner looking at a "Mercedes"? Or, am I just
a spoiled brat? Hit me, Guys.
bgordon829
Once again, treat your room, get curtains for all that glass, some asc tube traps for the corners,some half traps at the first reflection points, some room tune corner traps at the ceiling, Then walk around the room and clap you hands, wherever you can hear a slap echo, treat that area at the ceiling. You have invested so much money in your system it is a shame not to be able to hear it perform at its best.Once your room is properly treated you will not believe the difference, only then would I consider the omega upgrade and only if you have the itch to upgrade.
Mike
Good that you made a decision.

I've had both and now own the W/P 8's. Why, because they make better music in my home environment with my system. Truly, its always comes down to that - a combination of factors in your home environment and your system components. In the future at your price range, always do a home trial if you are considering a change,

enjoy the music
Room treatment is definitely a big need, yes, indeed.
Thanks all. Home decoration is most intrusive and
problematic of all for us but important acoustically.
Give me a beautiful speaker. Okay. But where do I need
that sound-panel? Not in my living room, she says.
Will work on it.
Bgordon, I do have a bit of experience at getting the best from Avantgardes in installations and at shows.

Perhaps I could help you. In general, where are you located?
I demoed the Duos in consideration as an alternative to the W/P8s. I liked the W/P8s better.