Conrad Johnson vs Van Alst

Van Alstibe get valve 400 vs Conrad Johnson 2275

im looking at used amps and was wondering if any of you could give your opinion on these two amplifiers. Just curious about how you feel they sound, the quality, things like that. I can get both for similar money and the Fet Valve is more powerful but my speakers are super sensitive so that’s not an issue really. I know nothing about Conrad Johnston. Never net a distributor or seen them on display anywhere…

bear1971
Conrad Johnson makes outstanding high end audio gear. It is known for its excellent musicality, build quality, and will last a lifetime. This is the kind of gear worthy of the price. I worked with a friend to pick his out over 25 years ago. He still loves and uses it daily. 
cj’s amp will sound a touch more refined and smooth than the ava - ava fet may sound a touch more transparent

both are built to last, quality pieces
So the CJ 2775 is not some type of entry level bargain unit made by cj that is of lesser quality or anything like that? 
Both well respected amps!

Tough call.
i would go with the CJ, for the name, and the overall sound.

my opinion
cj’s entry level is as good or better than most - they simply don’t through low end stuff out there that underperforms

cj’s name is still means terrific quality and sonics, for every piece they sell

https://conradjohnson.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Tone-Audio-Review-conrad-johnson-MF2275SE.pdf