CONRAD JOHNSON TUBE LOVERS HEAVEN

NOT long ago someone mentioned the cj PREMIER 5's tube monoblocs, out of curiosity i made a few phone calls regarding these amps. TO make the long story short,I FOUND a pair,talk about tube magic, the amps where last made in 1989,uses EL34's for output stage 8 each. 200 watts in ultra linear mode.I have since sold my PREMIER 12's. preamp source is a cj 17LS,digital is a RESOLUTION AUDIO CD 50, SPEAKERS are JM LAB MEZZOS.if you love cj tube amps,don't spend a dollar until you hear these.ANY PREMIER 5's owners comments.
gts87
I have completed my a/b test of the CJ PREMIER 8A AND 5. THE premier 5's are 95 percent of the $17000 dollar 8a's. I found the 8a's had better definition and articulation in the BASS department,in turn having better control over the loudspeakers.THE premier 5's are incredible given a used market price of around $3000,IT's a no brainer.I'am keeping these for a long time,or until i hit the lottery and buy the premier 8a's.
GTs87 and Fonsy66, thank you both for your replies. I have only one more question, who gets to become president of the CJ Monoblock fan club? I'm happy just to be a member.
IN reading this post,about a month ago,I called CJ and a few audiophile friends,searching for info on the PREMIER 5 mono blocks.TO make the long story short i found a pair in great condition and boy are these phenominal amplifiers.they are now powering my aerial 10t's,I finally found a tube amp with lots of power and delicacy to the music.
I have some aerius i's and a chance to audition some of these amps (CJ 5s). worth a try do you think? the Martin Logan's are a tough load to drive from what I hear. thanks, -Ed
sawyer,these amps are incredible i had my pair updated with cardas rca and speaker connector's,my speakers are not the most efficient but these handle them with no problem.the cj premier 5's are consider by many to be collecters item. the designer of these amps,bill thalsman retired last year from conrad johnson,he's the person who did the upgrades on my premier 5's.he provides full service for these amp's.if you decide to get them,you won't be looking for amp's for a long time.good luck.if you need more info here's my pager 732-343-9427.