Conrad Johnson expert wanted!!!

I'm looking at getting a CJ tube amp and preamp. What's the difference between an MV50, 52, and 55? Will these amps match up well with a PV12a? What should I be expecting to pay for mint amps? The reason I have all of these questions is, although we have the World Champion NBA Spurs here in S. A., we don't have any high end audio that I know of, and CJ has yet to post thier archives area on thier web site. Any help appreciated.
skyline_dougieabf3

Showing 1 response by lambertl3593

Conrad Johnson and Sonic Frontiers are the two best tube amps for entry level. For the best tube amp on the world, go for Jadis. For, C.J, I am not sure whether MV50, or MV52 are still available. However I have heard MV55 a couple times, no matter it matched with Audio Research or Jadis Pre-amp, it sounds awesome. MV55 is driving with 8 EL34 which provided 45W per side. It is very musical and good enough to drive most of the small speakers. I beleive it is one of the best buy on the market. Please check review at Audioreview. Unfortunately, I don't have a used one in stock, I do sell it new for 2000US. My e-mail address is lambertl@direct.ca. Please e-mail me if your have further questions.