Connect speakers to my new Denon AVR-x4700H Receiver or to my Outlaw 7125 7-Channel Amp

What should I do?  Should I can connect my speakers [5.1 plus an added zone 2] to my new Denon AVR-x4700H receiver, or pre-amp all channels from the Denon out to my Outlaw 7125 7-channel amp and power them that way?  Both units put out 125 watts per channel. If I pre-amp out to the Outlaw, Denon recomments I turn off the internal amplifier to reduce any interference.  I've no reason to think my Outlaw is in anything but excellent condition.  Speakers are all Paradigm Studios (40-v3, cc 470, ADP-470s), which I suppose are kind of vintage now.  All are rated at 8 ohm.  My hearing isn't great anyway, so I'll probably not be able to discern small differences in either setup.  My use is mainly movies and television (streaming services, some blu-ray disks) but I do listen to music too; just not as often.  I wonder if the Denon would appreciate if the Outlaw "took the heat"?  But I don't know what, if anything, I would give up to do that.  

If anyone has an opinion I'd love to hear it.

viralata

Showing 1 response by loomisjohnson

my experience is that most  mass market avrs benefit from an external amp, which generally has more oomph than the internal amps in the avr. per russ69 i would compare both ways, but i'd be surprised if you didn't like the outlaw better.