Confession: I only like Norah Jones because so many others told me to

Norah Jones is the darling of Jazz and Audiophile press for a few years.  I've heard her albums, maybe even bought one.  Look, being a musical artist is hard as hell and I can't do it, but I realize in listening to others talk about her that I'm missing something special while listening to her.

Please, without wanting to pile on her, if you love her tell me why.  What has you going about Miss Jones that makes her a standout? No wrong answers.

erik_squires

Roberta Flack was a better version of Norah Jones before Norah Jones was born. 

IMHO just a good jazz lounge singer.  Some good talent.  I don't think in the top 20 of all time female jazz singers. If one is assembling a TOP female jazz collection she's not in it.       erik_squires,  your not missing something special.  

I'm still stunned that Jerry can't stand Diana Krall... It totally blows my mind and makes me wonder if we audiophiles are interested in the same thing in their music...She and Norah Jones pick the right songs, pronounce the words to the song precisely, and choose very good backup musicians...Could anyone ask for more than this coming out of a good sounding system?

@frankmc195 - I can't stand Norah Jones, Diana Krall, etc, either. Not saying they're bad; they are not, but for my tastes, 'vocal with accompaniment', male or female, is not what I listen to music for, and I'd sure never judge hi-fi gear on how well it reproduces this.