Confession: I only like Norah Jones because so many others told me to

Norah Jones is the darling of Jazz and Audiophile press for a few years.  I've heard her albums, maybe even bought one.  Look, being a musical artist is hard as hell and I can't do it, but I realize in listening to others talk about her that I'm missing something special while listening to her.

Please, without wanting to pile on her, if you love her tell me why.  What has you going about Miss Jones that makes her a standout? No wrong answers.

erik_squires

Showing 7 responses by jerryg123

Hmmm make your own decisions.

I cannot stand Diana Krall or whatever her name is and every Stereo Studio I go in plays that crap. 

Well at @frankmc195 you do you old boy. I love Nora Jones, Nna Simone, Sarah Vaugn, Zooey Deschanel and a host of other female singers in other genera’s that you may not know,

Diann Krall is not the end all or even making the bottom cut for me. Dozens of other female vocalists that present way better.

Oh, and my system is outstanding and that still will not help Dianna in my opinion.

Merry Christmas and I am putting on some She and Him Zooey can sing!

@frankmc195 That is what makes the world so colorful. We all like what we like. 

Music is the thread that brings us together. 

Glad you liked She & Him.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Cheers. 

@larsman not true Ravi Shankar was a great sitar player and worked with the Beatles and George Harrison. Many credit him with bringing East Indian music to the mainstream well of sorts.

Ravi and Nora did have a relationship even though Ravis’s relations with her mother were brief at best.

Silly two complete different genre’s and she never rode his coat tails. Nora has more musical ability also. Multi instrumentalist.

Both are talented for sure. 

Larsmans comment would be more relevant if we were speaking of Taylor Swift. More sophisticated audience for Nora.  

@larsman sorry did not intend to get your colon twisted.

Happy New Year. 

I will leave you be, but as a Fan I know, and I will bet more do know than you think.

Wow!

Have a drink dude. 

Nope none of that overrated Diana Krall crap in my collection. 

Ravi or other classical Indian music at their homes, though many probably do have Diana Krall records. 

Rather listen to the Dead Kennedys than DK.