Concert attendance

I realize for many people the concert season is just getting started, but this season seems a little different. The economy seems tighter and people are a little concerned about financial circumstances.
I have been to only one concert this year, but I do have tickets for a concert in August. I hope to go to more shows this year, but I don't have any plans right now.
Are you going to be attending as many concerts this year as you have in the past?
128x128nrchy
Shubie, are familiar with Gypie's work with roots pub-rockers Dr. Feelgood (not a band on par with the YB's, but not many were/are)? Unfortunately, he was also filling someone else's shoes there - original guitarist Wilko Johnson, who's style he seemed to be copying to a large extent...
Sean, you definitely made a big, big mistake. The LOVE concert was one of the top highlights of my concertgoing experience, & I've been going since before the original band. Unless it was some kind of family emergency you experienced, I would urge you in the future not to read into temporal events some sort of "superstitious" uber-plan. Hey, Arthur Lee's "message" before the US tour was to apparently break his ankle just before the first show putting him in chronic pain and unable to walk without a cane or help. He did put the cane down and carried on on adreline for close to 2 hours and KILLED for most of that time. And then he had to be helped offstage. Absolutely the best show I've seen in years by anyone (altho I heard the LA show was mediocre). Unfortunately you truly missed a major event my friend. They may return in the fall for another tour.
Although this probably isn't the forum to get into this, since you brought it up I would urge you, inasmuch as it is possible, not to let your life be guided by external events or opinions but rather by your owns dreams & goals.
"Good luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey
Respectfully,
Both I & my buddy who attended the Yardbirds NYC gig & go back to the beginning with them agreed that this was a real Yardbirds show, not a tribute band or an oldies act. They played with fire & spirit and sounded great. No, not the "original" Yardbirds perhaps, but a real Yardbirds nonetheless.
In the literal sense I can't think of a single 1960's "original" act that has toured for a number of years, and even back in the day personnel & sound changed constantly. Pete Best & Stu Sutcliffe with the Beatles, Brian Jones with the Stones, Pigpen from the Dead.... Was the Graham Parsons version of the Byrds inauthentic? How about a few months later when they dumped him but kept his songs and arrangements? I'm probably going to get the new Yardbirds CD. Who'd a thunk it?
Jpfl39, I don't think there's much of an analogy between a band that changes their line-up before their career really begins in earnest (Beatles), or bands that lose members along the way (Stones, Dead), or evolve through different lineups over the course of their continuous history (Byrds), and a band that is 'reformed' with a substantially different lineup 30-odd years after their original demise. But having said that, I think it's clear I blew it big-time, as both a Yardbirds and Dr. Feelgood fan, by not making this gig...

Speaking of reincarnated bands of the 60's, I'm wondering, if you live in or around NYC, if you attended any of the Cavestomp shows there (I don't live there, but traveled to see them - all five years)? And if you know that ? & The Mysterians (all original lineup) will be playing Warsaw in Brooklyn (with The Lyres supporting, a reprise of the first Cavestomp main attraction) on June 17 - I've seen this reunited band three times now over the last few years, and they still kill.
Squiddy, there are still concerts/festivals like that for that money. i just went to 2 concerts last weekend: 1 was Robert Cray and guest, the next night we saw Acoustic Alchemy and the yellowjackets. both concerts were very good, excellent sound, and setting. each concert was $35 for reserved seating. we just had 4 days of the waterfront blues festival (in portland) and it cost $5 and 2 cans of food to see 10 different artists each day. in 2 weeks, we have another festival for 3 days with the doobie brothers, america, and curtis salgado for $10 admission each day.