comparing monitors

I am looking for a monitor that will play well in a 12x15 room. That being said, I am wondering if anybody has had any experience with the Reimer's and jm reynaud offrande's. If you have heard both can you make some comparisons? Both are held in very high regard, so I am trying to find out the differences. I use a 35 watt tube amp and will have a tubed cd player. I guess if anybody else has suggestions on monitors that due what they should as a monitor(imaging sound stage etc) and have deep clean bass(for a monitor)let me know. Want to stay around 2000$ new or used.Thanks!
sean34

Showing 1 response by leatherneck1812

Sean,

I have the Offrandes and I really like them. In the past year I have changed out all of my other components at least once but have never considered changing out the Offrandes. The better components I feed them the better they sound. Image and sounstage are superb, mids are lush and detailed with extended and airy highs but not edgy or fatiguing. They go to an honest 30hz and play low bass notes and drums with equal ease. (I put my Totem subwoofer in storage) I would say they are extremely musical as opposed to analytical. Having said that they do like power I am now using a Krell fpb300cx which since the speakers are a 4ohm load is putting 600 watts a channel into them. I am not sure how they would do with a modest powered tube amp.

Your original question included (So, a speaker that has killer midrange and clean semi deep bass with highs that extend but never get bright and is utterly musical and seductive would be the one for me!)

The Offrandes certainly fill the bill. I have not heard the Reimers.

I hope this helps