Compare: Salk Sound, Silverline, Tyler, Zu

Reading this forum, I have noticed that speakers from Salk Sound, Silverline, Tyler, and Zu have quite a following. Many audiophiles regard one of these as much better than better-known or advertised brands.

Surprisingly, then, I don't see many attempts to compare them among themselves.

So I would like to invite such an effort: Please compare Salk Sound, Silverline, Tyler, and Zu among themselves (and, for those who have the spirit, also with the British classics now exemplified by ATC, Harbeth, Proac).

I would be interested not only in your listening experience, but also "theoretical thoughts" about design, drivers used, etc.

[I do not want this thread to focus on my system, but if you wish to additionally comment about what may be suitable for me, here it is: Room size 15'x20'. Music: Classical, from solo voice to piano to large orchestral. Listening levels: daytime normal, nights low (city apartment). Clearance from rear wall: about 12-18 inches. Amp 60 w/ch ss. Don't want to to be glued to one sweet spot. WAF is liberal, most speakers with a wood veneer would be accetable.]
aktchi
The bottom end of the Linbrook Signatures extends deeper, and is subjectively "faster," IMO. The midrange was a much closer call... I guess I preferred the Tyler's "voicing," per se with respect to the midrange. Again, I do not mean this in any way to be a backhanded slam against the HT3, as it is a *very* strong performer in its price range. I guess it just comes down to personal preferences at the end of the day.

---Dave
Drseid: (1) I think Tyler uses dome and Salk ribbon tweeters. Did you feel any difference in the high end due to this? There have been suggestions here that ribbons are closer to electrostatic sound and image/soundstage better than domes, for just one example. (2) What else was your personal short list before finally choosing the Tylers? Did you get a chance to compare Tyler with Silverline and Zu as well?
Aktchi,
I have the Salk Veracity HT'3 speakers and love them. I can't comment on the Linbrook but the ribbin tweeters in the Salk HT3 and fantastic. If you want futher information on the QW from salk follow this link http://www.salksound.com/VQW.html
Drseid: (1) I think Tyler uses dome and Salk ribbon tweeters. Did you feel any difference in the high end due to this?

DRS: Not really... I like both tweeters about the same quite frankly. The Millenium dome used by the Linbrooks is one of the best on the market IMO, and holds its own to any ribbon tweeter I have heard.

(2) What else was your personal short list before finally choosing the Tylers?

DRS: Von Schwekert DB99 mkII (excellent all-around performer and highly recommended), Dali Helicon 800 (also quite good and recommended, but a bit pricey, IMO). Ayon Butterfly (tremendous midrange and superb balance, but a hair light on the bottom end)...

Did you get a chance to compare Tyler with Silverline and Zu as well?

DRS: Silverline yes, Zu no. Quite frankly I did not even hear *of* Zu until long after my Tyler purchase. Silverline I have heard of and like... I just liked some others a bit more (again, personal preferences -- not to imply others won't feel differently).

---Dave