Coincident Linestage vs CJ CT5 or Allnic L-3000

I currently own a Conrad Johnson CT5 but would like to upgrade and move to a preamp with XLR in/out. I have tested the Allnic L-3000 which I find very intersting, and I am also interested in the Coincident Statement linestage. Has anybody compared the Coincident to the CT5 or the Allnic?
obrennan1963

Showing 9 responses by jwm

I heard The Dude in direct comparison to the Coincident and I liked the Coincident much better. The
Charles I emailed you yesterday her email address. It is grantfidelity@gmail.com
The Dude is very dynamic, but the Coincident is more open and more organic sounding in the midrange. The Coincident is also dynamic as well. The Coincident also was able to convey inner details better than the Dude.
I'm glad that Germanboxer had both that really is the only way your going to know for sure. My point was that I'm open to any well designed product no matter whats inside.
This is why I love tubes. The sound just keeps getting better and better. One cannot buy new output transistors for their solid state gear.
All this is hear say, until you have both preamps in your system will you really know the truth. I also thought having an interstage transformer was the best. I however, was proved wrong when I compared my VAC SIG 2a preamp with interstage transformer to my Absolare preamp that uses a capacitor. No contest the Absolare is purer much more transparent and much quieter. Folks it is all in the design and after this exercise I am open to any design that is implemented well without biases.
Don't get me wrong the VAC is great its just not as transparent or quiet as the Absolare. I think the WE845 tubes are great. I like them much better than the original RCA 845 tubes.
Marco its too bad you didn't hear the Coincident with Takasuki or other 300B tubes. Way more organic open and relaxed with these tubes.