Coincident Frankenstein 300b Stereo Amp

Anyone have any experience with this amp? If so, what speakers are you using it with? I have never had a 300b SET and would like to try one. I am even considering additional speakers if needed for those 8 watts. Thank you for your time and consideration.

moofoo

Showing 2 responses by paul_lindemann

The Frank stereo amplifier has out performed my Wavelength Cardinal XS mono blocks, VAC PA160, and Wyetech Topaz.  Simply stupid good - correction, GREAT.

The Wyetech had the superior leading edge of the note and overall dynamics - until I switched out my Gold Lion 300Bs for the PSVANE Acme 300B which are more lush in the midrange and more extended overall - with dynamics and stage to die for. A 20% improvement at minimum!

Set up with the right speakers, cables, room, and associated gear is essential (as always)

Good luck.

Paul

Hi Charles.

The Franks are exceptional amps....but the choice of speakers, Soliloquy 6.2 with its impedance curve is a perfect match - better than the match of the wavelengths for example.

Then speaker positioning, room tuning, trying out numerous power cables, interconnects, speaker cables, digital cables and of course tubes - the ACME's are great - and the TS brown base black glass are so musical and revealing!

I have spent much more - Wavelengths, Devore speakers, Elrod cabling - and have less organic, musicality because (I suspect) the sum of the parts were less complementary.

Cheers,

P