CM1's ALL AROUND?

Hi guys,

New to the forum. So hi and hello to everyone first and foremost.

Was hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction. I currently have CM'1 for my L+R and Center. My center is an S2 whilst the others are both last years model.

With the drop in pricing I can afford another pair of CM1-S1 to be my surrounds as I only plan on doing a 5.1 for now.

What do you think? Overkill? Can you recommend something else?

Thanks in advance for your support.
thx-333

Showing 5 responses by thx-333

Yes I am in a semi-small room. Maybe 20 feet x 30 feet. Although I am portioning only half that as my living room but it opens to the kitchen and dining area.

I do have a sub-woofer JBL SP150. Not the best. Sorry forgot to say that.

The CM1's I am getting are new actually but last years model as they are priced almost 35-40% less.

Should I go bigger in the front and push the CM1's to the back? That might get costly!
Great articles Tls49! I think I will go this route. The CM1's are strong enough for my room and I really like it's sound. So CM1's all the way around for a 5.1.

I'll look to upgrade the sub as well but may need to put my focus on the AV Receiver next. My Yamaha is over 15 years old.

Thanks for the input everyone!
TY Adeep42 for the alerts. Sorry for the late response as I do not know how to set notifications when someone replies to my threads.

Anyway… yes I am interested in a pair of CM1's and a Sub. But not sure how fluid I am at the moment. Depending on price I may need to wait a month or until the next job. Life of a freelancer!

I will search for your listing nonetheless.
Hey Adeep! I put an offer in on your Rosewoods and was going to bid up my best offer but I unexpectedly ended up winning an auction on eBay so I had to pull out of yours without warning.

2 guys surprisingly bailed out of the auction and I ended up being the highest bidder by default…! They were CM1's but the S1's. Price point was unbelievable so I had to move forward on the deal.

Thought I should share the circumstance with you.