Close your eyes and hear the music ?

It seems like music sounds better when I close my eyes. Some people claim that it sounds better with their glasses on. Someone once told me that if someone suggested that music sounded better in the nude that a large group of audiophiles would swear to it! What makes music better for you ?
stokjoc
Sean, Bob's just illustrating the sonic qualities of his system is: so good, it makes you want to love and create (your own music)... Bob, I hope you don't create home-music to a vinyl background: you know, that recurrent and distracting sound as the stylus hits the end of the side...:)

BTW, I too like listening in the dark room with a view (night view) from the balcony. But I rarely listen peacefully; I get up and move in front of the speakers, I conduct the orchestras, etc.
Must be a frustrated, would be musician!
There's a streetlight directly in front of my house. I like to turn off all the interior lights and let the glow of the streetlight stream through partially closed blinds. And when it's perfect, I'm there with a very special person and we let the music take us where it may. Great music has appeal both to the mind and to that other nerve center.
I am DEFINITELY going to have to get my fiance to come down and listen to more music with me.
For me what enhances the music most is...better equipment. Seriously though, lights off does it, as does lying down, even though it puts my ears at the wrong angle. Oh, and I actually prefer having my wife with me, whether we're making our own music or not.
For serious listening the lights are always down; low level mood lighting is better than total darkness. Something nice to drink, like a good wine or brandy, doesn't hurt, either. Has anyone else pick up on how much all of these descriptions sound like the latter stages of a good date?

BTW, Kitch, what's the source of that quote? I'd direly like to know.