Clear Day silver jumpers or equivalent

Greetings. I'm currently running Clear Day double shotgun silver speaker cables and very happy with them. I would like to find the same silver jumpers. With Clear Day no longer in business after the passing of the owner Paul Laudati (a truly exceptional man by the way) buying a new set is not an option. Would like to find a pre-owned set but if I can't can anyone recommend something compatible in solid silver that won't break the bank? Thanks 
milkdudd

Showing 3 responses by adg101

I used to own a set of double shotguns with jumpers. Wonderful cables. I’m going to bet you’ll never come across a set of just the jumpers as Paul really didn’t advertise he made them and probably most stayed with the factory speaker straps. You can make your own easily.

Paul used 18 gauge dead soft silver and did not use any insulation jacket but each single conductor was in its own tech flex sleeve. His trick was air and not an insulator which all change the characteristics of the cable... some soften too much and some make a cable bright. Pick up some Cardas silver solder, some black and red heat shrink and some affordable spades or bananas and you’re good to go. Make them 8” long with 3 conductors per jumper and they’re not twisted. I found the link to the set I sold so you have a picture to go off from. Paul also didn’t buy into expensive ends but less was better approach. Hope this helps.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649520747-clear-day-cables-double-shotgun-wjumpers/images/225304...

https://www.amazon.com/Ounce-Sterling-Silver-Wire-Gauge/dp/B001Z64J00

https://www.amazon.com/Techflex-Flexo-Clean-Braided-Sleeve/dp/B07STWX4PM
Yes I spoke to Paul on several occasions and we shared many emails. Paul was a great guy and the very first phone call we had, he insisted on sending my a set of Double Shotguns with no deposit or credit card, but only asked if I didn’t like them to send them back or drop a check in the mail which I did. Later I bought several pairs of both balanced and single ended IC’s and jumpers.  Not many people out there like him. He wasn’t afraid to talk about his faith of being a Christian and knew doing so, people would be watching him and he lived his life as such. I’m sure Paul touched a lot of people’s hearts on his short time here, and hopefully he led some along the way.

Yes Paul did polish the silver wire before going into the TechFlex, but I don’t think it really changed the characteristics for sound, but to prevent or slow down tarnishing. He also burned his cables in before shipping on a cooker.

I doubt Paul made a lot of money on his cables, after factoring in parts and labor, and I don’t think that’s why he did it. He flat out asked me the first time we talked, after he got to know me a little if I was a believer, which I responded I am, and he followed up with he could tell. I think this was his mission to talk to people to find those with no faith and to disciple to them. Sorry to go off tangent on this thread, but I’m pretty sure Paul would approve. 
I’m pretty sure Paul’s IC’s both single and balanced were unshielded; single ended likely only two conductors, and the balanced the three… again doubtful a shield tied to the one end. I don’t have a balance set anymore but I do have a single end pair I could open the plug up to inspect. 
As mentioned I’m pretty sure Paul used 18 gauge throughout as it’s small enough to reduce or have little skin effect but not too small to be brittle. My guess is he used only the three conductors on the balance cable and on the positive and negative conductor used either a 1/8” or smaller techflex or a cotton sleeve as a isolator and the third ground conductor floats inside the outer techflex jacket. I’m pretty sure he did not do a braid like Kimber Kable but a simple twist not being too tight. With a solid conductor the cable gets stiff if you do a braid, at least from my experience.
I recall talking to Paul about building a phono cable for my turntable and he mentioned he did not like using a shield or a ground on a single ended cable so pretty sure he liked his cables to be wide open.

Just dug out my Clear Days and Paul put heat shrink around the bottom of the plug barrel so I’d have to cut that off which I’d prefer not to. Very hard to see inside the outer Techflex jacket but it looks like another smaller jacket of Techflex. Does feel like a twisted pair.

Paul used Puresonic plugs if that helps.

http://www.puresonic.com.tw/web/Products_05.html