Classe 47.5 or Adcom 750 pre?

Which one has more credibility as far as QC, dependability and which of the two have you heard and what are your thoughts?
martice
Good question. I have a CP-35 and an Adcom GFP 750 on my living room table right now, and trying to answer the same question.

I find that the Classe sounds a little "smoother" and "warmer", but less revealing, especially in the high end.

The "passive" mode on the Adcom is amazing; I feel like a veil is lifted when I enable it. On the other hand, it can be bright and a bit less "involving" (oh, that's a subjective word!) than the Classe.

I find the Adcom sounds better on very well-produced music and on Jazz, where accuracy is really appreciated (Dire Straits, Lyle Lovett, Miles Davis), and that the Classe sounds better on rock (Pink Floyd, U-2), where warmth and coherence are important.

It's worth noting that I am using these with equipment of lower quality than they would normally be paired with (Rotel RB-981, which is a bit sloshy), and a Yamaha single-play CD player that may be a bit on the bright side itself.

Tough choice, depends on your taste in music and in sound.

- Eric
I've owned a CP47.5 for more than a year and have had excellent service thus far. Very reliable; matches well with my CA300 amp.
I owned the CP60, and after listening to the GFP750, I sold the CP60. Build quality is better with the Classe, but I prefered the GFP750. I do miss the numeric volume display, and need an outboard phono stage, but for roughly 1/4 of the price I'm willing to give those things up.