Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
The fact is that its too new for Class D's.....  the sound is just not there.   There is a class D that can compete, (Merrill - but it costs many thousands)....but for now, they are just not musical.
" he fact is that its too new for Class D's..... the sound is just not there.   There is a class D that can compete, (Merrill - but it costs many thousands)....but for now, they are just not musical."

stringreen,

You obviously need to either reread this entire thread or gain some personal experience by auditioning some of the many very good and reasonably priced class D amps  currently available.

Tim
I've had the M700's for over a month. I first got a PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II for streaming MQA. I noticed the M700 on the PSA forum but was hesitant to replace my custom built Stratos. I had done a shot-out for my 3.6 speakers by buying several used amps: Butler, MacIntosh 205, a class A heater, and a tube amp. The Stratos won out on detail. I resold the other amps. When I got the M700's I read they take a long time to burn-in. I let them run when I was away. I knew that the Stratos amps were underpowered for the 3.6's. I use the DirectStream as a pre. The M700's handle the 3.6' with effortless agility. Sometimes you think the musicians are in the room - a little spooky. The sound stage is locked in place. My Maggies have never sounded like this. The Stereophile online review is out and paper is on the way. The M700 was favorabley compared to $12,000 speaker. 
Just demoed the Digital Amplifier Company (DAC) Stereo Maraschino (STM) feeding 100db Charney Audio Maestro horns for the last month. Detailed nuances, great tone, deep and wide soundstage, with spot on imaging to boot. In many ways it bested my 300b integrated that is 4x the cost. I have listened to a few class d amps in the past (Bel Canto, CIA, TBI,Crown XLS, ClassD, and a couple 3XXX designs) the DAC STM is hands down the best of that bunch. I had about given up on class d when I contacted Tommy at DAC and he sent me his demo STM to use for a month.
The DAC STM is a special little amp that delivers delicate highs with serious ball when needed. I will be purchasing a pair of mono's in the near future and the soon to be released digital preamp.

I haven't auditioned all the better class D amps out there. Just wondered if Rogue's version of class D is competitive with those better class D amps?