Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
Arc and Rogue have been on teh bandwagon for a number of years now knowing Class D is the ticket to get the sound their customers might like
It's called maximizing profits, as Class-D is many x cheaper to produce.

Cheers George 
Fast forward 6 months and I can truly say the Emotiva gear was mid fi. The Rogue gear outclasses in in every way. I don't care that Magnepan says to avoid Class D. They are wrong for making such a blanket statement, and I was wrong for heeding the advice.

I am finally very happy.
Magnepan recommends high current Class AB because they know their panels work well with that. Class D doesn't have a consistent track record and they don't want that to cost them in sales and returns. They also don't want to bad mouth Class D because their dealers sell it. I believe that their most recent advice is listen to their panels at the dealer with the amplification that is going to be used.   

Emotiva gear is mid fi for sure. Their most expensive amp is $1000 and Rogues cheapest amp is $1300. Hardly a fair comparison ;-) 
I keep reading the negative comments on class D amps here and then listen to my Devialet 1000 to Maggie 20.7 setup for flaws.  I know the Devialet is a class D hybrid design..... but the system just blows away all the other amps I have tried.   

Mapman & Al... I'm afraid the your effort to open some solidly shut minds -- if just a smidjin -- might be on the neutral side of... Futile. To quote our unforgettable Rodman9999:

"Just don't fall into the category of those whose minds, like concrete, are thoroughly mixed up and permanently set"

As for me, I finally moved into my new house two days ago.... The system is in place, if not yet connected... As soon as I find my wires and PCs, it will be making amazing music again... Through my class D Rowland M925 "mid-fi" mono amps *Grins!*

G.

I keep reading the negative comments on class D amps here and then listen to my Devialet 1000 to Maggie 20.7 setup for flaws. I know the Devialet is a class D hybrid design..... but the system just blows away all the other amps I have tried.
For 35k I would hope so. I believe that this hybrid is unique in that it doesn't require an output filter....it's kinda like a thread where people are debating if class B amps can compete with tube amps and someone chimes in that their Class AB amp sounds brilliant and they don't get why folks rag on Class B.