Class D Amplification Announcement

After 60 some odd years of disappointment, Class D has finally arrived. As per The Absolute Sound’s Jonathan Valin, the Borrenson-designed Aavik P-580 amp “is the first Class D amplifier I can recommend without the usual reservations. …the P-580 does not have the usual digital-like upper-mid/lower-treble glare or brick wall-like top-octave cut-off that Class D amps of the past have evinced.”

Past designers of Class D and audiophiles, rejoice; Michael Borrenson has finally realized the potential of Class D.

psag

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder when it comes to this hobby or obsession.

I have had a number of Class D come through my audio room and never has one stayed longer than 8 months. Ice, Purfi, GaN, none have made the cut. Just not my bag but I am not saying never. 

Class AB and mostly tubes....845's are the best I've found for SQ.......BUT, I just got the Peachtree GAN 400 with the Gallium-Nitride ganfet transistors....WOW. My system ( approx $15,000) took a Big leap...It's a "Different" sound.....more detail. That means it really raised my Pendragons to a new higher level of enjoyment   ...the GAN technology is what raised the SQ in class D......Ice and Purfi are the old class D...if you want to try what This new buzz is....Peachtree...Orchard both under $3,000 for GAN....

Love my Rogue Sphinx V3. Next go around I will audition the Cronus Magnum III.  We'll see...

The first sign of class D arrival will be that people will stop talking about its arrival.

Ps,

To my rant, overwhelming ‘odds’ are Hi end revealing systems are not powered by Class D, And the reason is…. Sound !!