Class A or AB amp for JBL S4700 speakers

Which should I go for and why? Brands I'm looking at are Accuphase, Pass Labs, and maybe McIntosh.
dave_72

Showing 2 responses by wadia150

Do you still have your speakers on the floor! Did they not come with stands or something to get woofers away from floor. I can't believe that would sound good at all with the tweeter and mid horn below your ear. Also why would you bash Emotiva that way it wasn't made to compete with those two brands that's why what you're saying makes no sense that's like comparing Denon to those brands it was made to smoke and beat receivers which it does. Not sure why you're commenting like that. I'll admit Bryston and Pass are better but Mac is not. Mac is not near as good as it use to be no more point to point wiring also use ribbon cables to replace boards because that is a cheaper way to go. And because they breakdown more. Why are you worried about amps when you are using an onkyo CD player and speakers on the floor. Emotiva is very nice sounding gear better than any AVR COULD EVER BE. I own Classe ssp75 with a Cav 500 using Oppo105 using the analog outputs in main theater and Rel Stentor subs. But I have emotiva in family room with two Svs subs it's amazing gear hi quality output devices and nice caps for the money nothing comes close. I also use Classe Omega in my main system with a Cat preamp Sme10 benz LP cart and Resolution audio Cantata with a Mac mini so I think I know decent sound.

I just can't believe you are bashing Emotiva it helps no one. Get some speaker stands for your 20,0000 dollar speakers that's like having wagon wheels on a Porche. Get rid of the onk. And help people that are just starting out in this hobby, for the money I'd rather have the Emotiva than any AVR any day.
Sorry about my bad grammar and writing. English is my third language
Yeah I agree onkyo makes great CD players like the five disc changers.
THE END!