CJ MF 2500A:is it gonna open up?

Hi
I am in the process of breaking in this amp and 2 days in it still sounds flat and metallic.No comparison to earlier fet models.Is it just the burn-in question or is it going to stay that way?The soundstage it throws is huge but the 3-D feel of earlier models is not here.Also,the midrange is kinda metallic.I can only hope some changes are coming.
Post Christmas depression is amplified right now.
overhang

Showing 2 responses by ricardo

Fast forward a few years...
I just had my MF 2500 upgraded to the "A" version. While there seems to be better resolution and low end, I now have a problem with sibilance. Closely mic'd vocals are just hisssssssy now.

After only a couple of days, I would be happier with the old MF 2500 back. How to you compensate for sibilance from CDs? Can I somehow tweak the amp's stand or the speaker cable? Nowthing much to adjust, unlike with TTs.
I tried the wine route but decided I needed to whine to CJ. Haven't heard back yet. It's too pronounced and I didn't change any other components or cables to cause a problem.

I tried increasing the mechanical damping on the amp. It might have smoothed out a bit and lost some of the new harshness. Of course, the wine bottle was empty by then.

I've noticed that reds enhance the base performance while whites improve the high end.