Circuit City is Closing, Liquidating

I know most of us here on this site probably don't shop there, but what impact other than the obviously painful loss of jobs. How does this bode for the other stores? More and better sales?
Thoughts?

Larry
lrsky
Reminds me of the joke Jay Leno said last week, "What do you call a bankrupt Circuit City?.....Radioshak! HAHA.
As Audio' goners, and people who observe the industry, it's pretty sobering. While they were the template for all that is wrong, they were at least the 'volume' of the industry. They were antithetical to what we, at least most of we see the audio industry. Without them to ridicule, we almost have nothing. They were the antichrist of audio, the worst of the best, or at least the better.
Someone talk me down, please....

Larry
I went in there last week, on Saturday,
last day of their 30% off of CD`S!
NATURALLY,
OUT OF 60 CD`S THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR,
THEY HAD ONLY 2!
1. OZZY OSBOURNE-TRIBUTE TO RANDY ROADS LIVE
2. OZZY OSBOURNE-BLIZZARD OF OZZ.
They did NOT have ANY
Rush, Pink Floyd, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden,
Pantara, etc. that I was looking for!
SO, I bought the Tribute cd.
MY COMMENT to the sales girl was,
GEE, I came in here WITH A
LIST OF 50 CD`S TO BUY AND
I WAS WANTING to SPEND MONEY,
BUT THAT`S IMPOSSIBLE TO DO,
WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING THAT I`M LOOKING FOR!
Say what you will, but it is a bad day for our hobby when any audio store or any audio manufacturer goes down. It yells that people are just not interested in some facet or another of the business that would make you profitable. My guess is that it is rooted somewhere in internet purchasing and downloading, but CC also had a nasty rumored sales practice of selling returns and B stock as new without informing you.

Regards,

Rich

MY COMMENT to the sales girl was,
GEE, I came in here WITH A
LIST OF 50 CD`S TO BUY AND
I WAS WANTING to SPEND MONEY,
BUT THAT`S IMPOSSIBLE TO DO,
WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING THAT I`M LOOKING FOR!

Jvcvcrman08, did she at least wait until you turned your back before she gave you the eye roll?