Chord Dave and lInear power supply

I had been using Chord Dave and Mscaler for 3 years.

I installed linear power supply by Farad which cost me around 3k Euros including three separate power supplies.

Wow it is worth every penny.

I get more clear separation of each instrument with more tuneful bass.

Also slight sibilance is  gone.

It is Dave +. after modification.

If you own Dave, you had better try it.

The installation is rather handy.

You need to follow instruction.

Thomas

128x128shkong78

Showing 7 responses by rshad0000

Shkong78,

Did you buy the upgraded furutech and SR fuse with the power supply?  Based on the 3k price you paid I would assume so.

I’ve been very happy with my chord DAVE over the years but your post has me considering an upgrade.

Thanks

Thanks

I’ve been looking at the Ideon Absolute as well as the Playback Designs Dream DAC.  A lot of money for those, but if I can upgrade my DAVE for far less that may be a good option.

Well I took the plunge and ordered a Farad PS for my Chord DAVE.  Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks everyone!  I should receive the PSU the week after next.  I’m looking forward to trying it out.

I installed mine last week and it’s been settling in.   Overall I agree with what everyone has said.   It improves everything the Dave does well- depth of soundstage as improved and I’ve noticed increased transparency.  Some lyrics that were smeared before are completely clear.  An excellent upgrade!

I did notice that it brightened my system a bit.  Not sure if that is because of the silver leads that Farad uses or the different powercords I’m using now.  I was using an Audioquest Dragon before but there is no way I can afford afford putting three of those on the DAVE.   

shkong78,  Yes, I agree, much more lively and dynamic!  I’m using a Wireworld platinum AES/EBU digital cable right now from my N20 to my DAVE so I may try out a good copper cable and see how that sounds.

lalitk,  Absolutely!  Love your system and would love to hear about new cables.

For those of you who have the new Farad upgraded DAVE, what power cords are you using with it?

Thanks