Cheapest Analogue Setup to Conquer Best Digital

Hi, everyone,

although I think I have a decent digital system, I have never heard a modern analogue front end before.

Recently, I have developed an interest in the classical genre, both power and small ensemble. For classical music, obviously, plenty of LP's are available.

Given the universal (make that UNIVERSE-ALL) concensus that an analoque front end sounds better than a digital source of similar budget, I have a question:

What is the minimum amount of money one must spend on an analogue front end to conquer the BEST digital money can buy, be it redbook CD, HDCD, 24/192, or SACD?

Thank you,

David
wonjun
Jimbo 3 (sorry I didn't get your name right the first time) may I quote you from an earlier post of yours :"If you buy alot of used LPs, it's inevitable that some will be worn or otherwise unsatisfactory.". How can you be so irresponsible in this analog forum.
Agree with Sean. It's that 10% that does the killing...

I was just looking at the LAMM website. Ouch!

I'll stay on the 90% side--and buy a house and a horse!
Ken,
there is one that seriously shatters my vinyl addiction and you know that my vinyl rig ain't really that bad (wink, wink).
I know, I know, (and you know it too) two and a half years ago when I said that there is something close to vinyl in digital domain people didn't believe (if I remember correctly I put it something like "the first cd I can listen to") and now when I say that there is something digital that betters most of the analog gear there is, probability is that they will cut me in slices... if they dare.
Sead